Friday, December 3, 2010

The Story of "2 States"



It was a rainy evening. I was relaxing on sit-out of my home relieved from stress of exams, with a cup of tea on my hand, enjoying the rain. My semester exams were over by that day, and had nothing else to do but just to relax and enjoy the rainy evening. Then the thought of that red book came to my mind. One of my best friend gave that book to me at college that afternoon. I love to read when its raining, I think many of us do :-). So I took the book for an overview.

Title says "2 States--The story of my marriage". "my marriage? Oh god is it a real story ?”. I love real life stories. After taking another sip of tea and giving a wild gaze to the rain, I flipped the book to see the back cover (actually looking for the price  ;-) ).

But my eyes got stuck on these lines

      Love Marriage around the world are simple.
         Boy loves girl. Girl loves boy. They get married.
         In India there are a few more steps:
         Boy loves girl. Girl loves boy.
         Girl's Family has to love boy. Boy’s family has to love girl.
         Girl's family has to love boy's family .Boys family has to love 
                                                                                          girl's family.
        Girl & boy still love each other. They get married.    "


I just read it out and smiled in approval. But, What I didn’t knew at that time was that, the whole story is packed in these simple lines.
Whoever designed that cover concept has done a wonderful job.
I skipped the initial pages and directly went to the story. After reading a few pages of  first chapter I realised that I couldn't stop. After that, It was all curiosity driven....

I finished the book in just one day.I can’t believe I did that, with my lazy reading habits. And the worst thing of all, I stayed awake until 1am in the morning reading that book. I never even studied that late. Not even on exam eves where I had modules left over to cover... :-D.  I became so involved with that book... Hats off to Chetan Bhagat for writing his life story in such an amazing way....

For me the best chapters were Ahmadabad & Chennai. And Who won't envy such a fine couple... ;-)....


" It is easy to Fight & Rebel, But hard to convince......  " another nice beautiful line says...

I haven't gone through any other book of Chetan Bhagat. Now looking forward to that...

This much for now…

5 comments:

  1. dey...angeru vallathum taraamennu paranjo e soapinu???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think u havent read 2 states yet... you should look forward to it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Great best seller novels he had wrote! I have all his four books with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sachuuuuuuuuuuuuu.................... thankuuuuuuuuuu u r my grt grt grt gear frnd...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Tuxxx @priya Thanks for the comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Let Me Know You Were Here ! ;-)